ISO audit blog
ESC Global Ltd have recently undergone audits for ISO 9001(quality management), 14001(environmental management) and 18001(occupational health and safety).
What are the ISO’s?
ISO 9001:2008 – is the title of a standard that outlines the requirements an organisation must maintain their quality for ISO 9001:2008 certification. ISO 9001:2008 is focused on meeting customer expectations and delivering customer satisfaction.
ISO 14001:2015 – is the international standard that specifies requirement for an effective environmental management system. It provides a framework that an organisation can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
OHSAS 18001 – is an internationally applied British standard for occupational health and safety management systems. It is used as a method of assessing and auditing occupational health and safety management systems. Developed by leading trade and international standards bodies, it provides a framework for organisations to instigate proper and effective management of health and safety in the work place.
ISO standards are all different, and each standard supports its own benefits across various different industries, including the water industry and chemical manufacturing.
The common benefits are:
- Widened market potential
- Compliance to procurement tenders
- Improved efficiency
- Cost saving
- Higher level of customer service and therefore higher levels of customer satisfaction
- Higher staff moral and motivation
By obtaining these standards, we at ESC Global Ltd believe that it shows that we are a responsible business as we follow the rules and procedures set by the ISO organisation, and by passing their set audits, it demonstrates to both our customers and suppliers that we actually do what we say we do. Also by having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, we are able to minimise risks to our engineers, as well visitors or external contractors who come on to our site.
To ensure our customers are satisfied, we have a customer service charter and regularly ask our customers for feedback. The customer charter is part of ISO 9001:2008 quality standard. At ESC Global take on board all customer feedback in order to continuously improve customer service and experience. Below is our customer service charter –
Customer Service Charter
We understand there are real benefits to providing excellent customer service and through prioritising and handling complaints and commendations effectively. One of our measures of success is our standard of customer service, which is set out in our Customer Charter.
As a family run SME, we pride ourselves on our ability to work closely with clients to deliver excellent customer service. Whatever your reason for contacting us we want to make sure your experience is positive and the quality of service you receive is consistent.
We take diversity and equality seriously. We are committed to ensuring that our service to customers is free from discrimination. We want to understand the diverse needs of our customers and meet them wherever we can. We will try to overcome any barriers to accessing our services.
We aim to:
– Get it right first time – we will listen to you and understand what you want from our services. We aim to deliver a timely, high quality service.
– Provide the right information – we want to provide you with the right technical and performance information in a way you can understand and use. We want to ensure our guidance, recommendations and actions are clear.
– Work Professionally – our staff are professional at all times and will have the knowledge, skills and training required to do their job well. When our staff are on site you will recognise them by their corporate clothing and they all carry identification cards.
– Have a good attitude – we will listen to your ideas and where we can we will improve our service, products and approach to meet your needs.
– Get the right results – we will work efficiently to get the right results and will talk to our customers to learn and improve our services.
We are not perfect, and we recognise on occasion we may get it wrong. Our complaints process is designed to ensure our clients basic rights are respected and we handle complaints, commendations and comments in a timely, sensitive and appropriate manner.
All our clients have the right to make a complaint or request a review of the services we provide. We have an escalation procedure so if we are unable to resolve a complaint at origin, we can escalate the complaint to senior management within the organisation.
All complaints are handled are treated as confidential. Complaints can be made in a variety of ways: in person, over the telephone, by mail (both postal and electronic), and via our regular client review process. You should contact the person you dealt with in the first instance to explain what went wrong and how we could do things better.
Once you have made a complaint our staff will follow our complaints procedure:
– We will acknowledge your complaint
– We will put ourselves in your shoes
– We always begin with the view you have a valid point
– We will understand the facts and root cause of your complaint through systematic investigation
– Action will be taken to correct any identified mistakes
– Our staff and management team will identify learning to be shared across our business
– We will respond to your complaint, rectifying any mistakes
– Staff will escalate your complaint to management if you remain unhappy following our response
We love to hear when our staff have gone above and beyond expectation and have delivered excellent customer service.
Commendations can be made in a variety of ways: in person, over the telephone, by mail (both postal and electronic), and via our regular client review process.
Commendations will be acknowledged by Management and recorded within individuals’ performance plans.
HR Manager April 2016
Debbie Slingsby, ESC Global Ltd’s human resource manager was our representative during the audits. She believes that the audit was a huge success because we passed all the audits with only 2 non-conformances, 3 minors, and 2 observations across all 3 accreditations. We all are proud of this success but we are aiming to improve ourselves as a business by acknowledging areas for improvement and further development and building on areas of success.
Below are a few of our other accreditation’s –